Marathonisi is a tiny island that’s roughly 2.5 kilometres off the coast. Known as Turtle Island, due to the fact that it's home to the precious, endangered Caretta Caretta turtles, also known as loggerhead turtles – the island is even vaguely turtle shaped!
The Milanio Maritime Museum is very well placed just 6km outside the capital in Tsilivi. The museum was founded by the Greek painter Antonis Milanos and exhibitions include paintings, photographs, ship models, uniforms, weapons and tools
Panagia Keriotissa is a bright yellow church in the mountainous village of Keri. Nestled in a park on the southern side of town, this house of worship dedicated to the Assumption commands spectacular views and delights visitors with its cobbled courtyard.
Skopiotissa Monastery is found up Mount Skopos just south of Argassi. Constructed in 1624, this remarkable Byzantine church is the only religious site on the island with an Aegean-style dome though much of the monastery is now ruined,
Solomos Museum is located in St. Marks Square in Zakynthos Town, it opened in 1959 and honours the beloved poets Dionysios Solomos and Andreas Kalvos. Inside you’ll find paintings from the 18th and 19th centuries, sculptures, and pottery.
Spiliotissa Monastery was built in the 16th century and surrounded by pine forests and olive groves. It's devoted to “Our Lady of the Cave,” so called for its close proximity to a cave near the village of Orthonies where an icon of the Virgin Mary was discovered.
Anafonitria Monastery is located in the northwestern region of Zakynthos island. First founded in the 15th century, it features a tower and an entrance archway leading to a stone courtyard that's a beautiful and serene place to spend some time.
Askos Stone Park near Volimes has over a hundred thousand self-sown plants as well as hundreds of free-roaming animals, including goats, deer, pigs, peacocks, raccoons, donkeys and much more, many of which you can interact with and feed.
The Blue Caves were discovered in 1897 and lie on the northern tip of the island, just below Skinari Lighthouse. Venture inside to see the sun light reflecting of the Ionian sea and glistening back of the white cave walls, hence the name Blue Caves.
Agia Mavra, also sometimes known as the Church of St Thomas and Mavra is found in the village of Macherado and consists of an impressive Venetian bell tower and is strikingly decorated with jewels, gold, and remarkable frescoes.